Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 ways to win my heart

The following entry starts a 30-day series of blogs that follows 30 days of prompts that get you writing more, and thinking more about the everydays of life. One of my best friends found it online, and it's now started a chain reaction, so here goes, DAY 1.


There aren't necessarily 5 things I look for in a guy. But these are definitely qualities that I admire and look for (not in any particular order): 


1. Spiritually Mature: Fairly self-explanatory, but when I mean a spiritually mature guy, I don't just want someone who goes to church, and gets involved in church. I want someone who challenges me everyday to live out my life for Christ-who can carry on a decent conversation about the depth of the gospel, and argue with me every once in a while about what's RIGHT because it's RIGHT. Someone who isn't afraid to do something, regardless of what everyone else (including me) says, because he's doing what's RIGHT in the eyes of God first, not because of me, or because of what I'll say, or do. Maybe it's a tall order, but having grown up with so much in-depth Biblical teaching from my high school Christian experience, I've become really numb to the whole "religiosity" of Christianity. I need someone who truly lives it out and walks every step completely in faith. 

2. Plays an Instrument/Sings: I am SUCH a sucker for guys who sing really well, and/or play an instrument really well. Especially when they belt it from their soul, and you can just tell that there's some serious PASSION behind that music. Makes my heart melt every time. Worship songs are even better, but really catchy pop tunes are a great hit too. 

3. DancesThe OTHER surface talent I will completely swoon for. A guy with awesome moves who's able to lead me on the dance floor and take charge--ummm YES PLEASE! Especially since I"m scared to show my coordination skills in public. 

4. Is a Gentleman: I'm still a traditional girl at heart-even if I try to be a toughie on the outside. When a guy holds a door open for you, or compliments you, or helps you into your seat, that is just peachy. I do have to note, WORDS ARE IMPORTANT GUYS! Any guy that seriously pays me a genuine compliment, will automatically win my heart-even if I don't show it. (I will never show it btw). 

5. Adventurous: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to travel. I cannot stress enough how much I want to see the world, and every corner of what it has to offer. Even if it's just a simple roadtrip, or a hiking trip somewhere in a mysterious forest (seriously though guys, i really DO hate hiking...but I will do it just to go out and explore and TRAVEL!) If you are adventurous and like to travel as much as I do, that's an automatic win!

No comments:

Post a Comment